Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Update: Bob MacLean




Out of high school I worked a while for the fire department in Parkland, and then was hired by the sheriff's office. During that tenure, while at a dome event, I was offered a job by one of the bands as a bus driver and security person. I took the job and moved to Nashville Tennessee, thus beginning the “foreign legion” phase of my life as I called it.
   
After about 10 years of 340-350 days a year on the road with several different bands and entertainers, I got kind of burned out and move back to Tacoma, where I bought my own truck and trailer and hauled produce for a couple years to and from Arizona. Late one night, at a truck stop in Southern California, I ran in to a couple of my old comrades getting fuel in their  buses. After a couple of cups of coffee and and some strong-arming I came home, sold my truck and went back on the road for another 10 years, finishing off on the QVC production bus for a year and in Winston racing bus for year. Then  I finally hung it up. It was a great and fun lifestyle, just very time consuming.
    
Forty-three years to the month from graduating high school, I finally bought my first home in Tacoma that actually had ground under it.
   
I finished up my working career at SeaLand Shipping Lines in Tacoma where I retired. Kind of hard to be married when you are only off 10 or 15 days a year (and in some other city) so I have had a string of “learners permits” and am currently single.
   
Sold the house in Tacoma in July, and bought a condo in Fountain Hills, Arizona, just north of Scottsdale. I love it here, sunshine every day and NO RAIN!!


No comments: