Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Candy Balmer Updates Us

Candace Balmer Adams reports: "I retired in June of 2017 from St. Philomena Catholic Church. Now I am living in a retirement community in Des Moines, WA and enjoying it. Married 40 years in September of this year. My husband is not doing well health wise and is in a long term care facility. We had no children, but I do have three fur children ages 11 and 10 years old who keep me company while I recover from a broken hip sustained in a fall in a parking lot in January. Recovery is going well; I am walking on a cane. By January of next year I hope to be walking without the cane. Doing a lot reading and cross stitching while recuperating, as well as watching a lot of TV. The cats keep me entertained as well. Volunteer work keeps me busy one day a week, as does visiting my husband and mother."

No comments: