Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Wayne Hammerstrom Reports In!

Here's Wayne's story of the past 48 years!

"A little over a week after graduation I was at the Naval Recruit Training Center in San Diego, a.k.a. boot camp. I was in for six years.  After training I had four and a half years of sea duty. I spent about three going in and out of Vietnam.  I thought I was done, but was sent back a forth time for the evacuation of Saigon. When I got out, I did similar work for the government for eight years that had me out of the country 90% of the time. Then I moved to Georgia. At one time I had 15 horses, all but two were rescues. I worked at Georgia Tech for about 18 years until I found out I had cancer. I was thinking of going back to work when my aorta ruptured, so I decided retirement was not so bad. I’m still kickin’ it up a bit with kayaking, hiking, dancing and most anything that is active and fun.  I hope ya’all are doing well too.  See you at the 50th!"

Want to touch base with Wayne before the 50th? E-mail Linda Carlson for his contact info.

No comments: