Friday, February 22, 2019

News from Sally Gilbertson

Besides buying her ticket for the reunion, helping to complete our grade school photos from Parkland and get us started on James Sales, Sally sent a personal and professional update:

"I’m working for the Environmental Services Department at the City of Tacoma.  I do budgets, bonds, and utility rates.  I said as long as I enjoy my work, I’ll continue, although I think my time to retire will be in a couple of years, God willing.  My son is Spencer [Cowan] who lives part time with me and part time with his dad.  He’s a really good person, I enjoy his company, and we get along well.   

"I’ve been doing landscaping primarily at the house and cabin.  I didn’t quite get my waterfall in before the rains came so I will finish that and then I plan on building a pergola.  I am still and always have been interested in house plans;  I’d like to design and build a cabin at the Hood Canal.  (Our old cabin has bats!)  Oh, yes, and I’ve done my DNA testing and keep discovering more of my Norwegian relatives, both  in Norway and the U.S.  I’m building a family tree on MyHeritage.com and staying in touch with several of my relatives on Facebook.

"My motto:  All is well, life is good!  So enjoy yourself!"

No comments: